Saturday, March 17, 2012


My  art, in all its forms, is a weathered mirror that reflects back to me my imperfect image. It's an image wrought with spots and stains that I would sometimes rather avoid. Yet, in the flaws and the virtues of my characters, in their failures and triumphs, I witness my own shortcomings as well as my own limitless potential . . . my own beautiful journey. I also see the smiles and tears of those I love, and the joys and sorrows of strangers I pass on the road. In my sketches and mixed media excursions, I encounter my own raw vulnerability. There is no hiding from what I find on the page. 


Through this blog, I will share my rambling thoughts, the artwork that emerges from my pencil or my paintbrush, the music and poetry that inspires me, and the people and places that make my heart sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment